Installing a roof is one of the most critical aspects of building a home. United Restoration builds roofs..
- that look good,
- are long lasting,
- require little maintenance,
- and falls within our client’s budget.
Roofs that are not installed professionally may provide inadequate insulation for the home or poor protection from the elements. Without adequate maintenance a roof may require frequent repairs, and a shorter life span means replacing the roof every 10 to 15 years. Professional installation of the right style of roof using suitable materials can yield substantial savings for the homeowner in repair and maintenance costs, create a lower environmental impact and reduce the demand on energy and natural resources.
Selecting the right roof for a new or renovated home depends on a number of factors. The most important factors are the budget for the roof and the size of the roof area.
- Take measurements of the roof and obtain estimates from local contractors based on their recommendations
- Ask for quotes on the different types of roofing materials and styles.
- Research the local climate, as weather conditions can significantly affect the choice of roofing material.
- Calculate the slope of roof needed by dividing the length of the rise (vertical distance) by the length of the run (horizontal distance). The degree of slope will help determine the most suitable roofing style and type of material.
Roofing is extremely difficult for those of us with little to no construction experience, but being knowledgeable with the process is achievable by us all. Contact United Restoration with any questions you may have regarding roofing or any other home improvement topics. We love helping our Colorado communities!